JA Job Shadow™
JA Job Shadow is a company visit. The site visit introduces students to the workplace and to the career opportunities available to them. The goals of the program are:
- Career research and preparation;
- Job-hunting tools;
- Professionalism and ethics in the workplace;
- Professional action plans.
Following the participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Recognize career clusters and potential job positions and understand the importance of researching the requirements needed to earn a position;
- Develop job-hunting tools, such as networking, resumes, and interviewing skills;
- Identify the next steps needed in their personal career preparation.
The JA Job Shadow site visit experience inspires students to learn and demonstrate the basic skills that will make them valuable assets to any employer.
All JA programs are designed to support the skills and competencies identified by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. These programs also augment school-based, work-based, and connecting activities for communities with school-to-work initiatives.
Career assessment, Career clusters, Career planning, Elevator pitch, Infographic profile, Interests, Job hunting, Job interview, Job outlook, Networking, Professional and ethical behaviours, Resume, Skills, Thank you notes, Work priorities
Analyze and apply data, Business communication, Formulate answers from personal experience, Interviewing, Oral and written communication, Present information, Role-play, Self-assessment, Work collaboratively