Young Technopreneur Challenge
The Young Technopreneur Challenge, sponsored by HP Inc., aims to support students to take ownership of the world they live in and actively develop solutions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We aim to interest, excite and provide students a unique platform to stretch their imagination and push their boundaries to learn to think global, innovate, create and pitch an idea or concept by making use of STEM and technology. We will also provide an opportunity for students to display their innovative ideas and passion through STEM workshops and to be guided by business mentors which will complement their learning journeys leading up to the competition presentation day.
The challenge consists of 3 bootcamps where students will develop their ideas, go through a rigorous design thinking process, research and prototype, as well as learning about the steps to becoming a technopreneur.
The challenge culminates in an expo event where students will showcase and present their ideas to a range of industry judges – winners possibly taking home funding to support the development of their idea.
Students Learning Objectives:
1. Understand the UN Sustainable Development Goals and challenges we face 2. Be able to identify societal challenges in their environment.
3. Work with mentors from HP.
4. Learn more about STEM and applying technology & STEM to their solutions
5. Develop an entrepreneurial mind-set and skills
6. Learn how to take an idea from concept to realization
7. Have fun and contribute to a better society
8. Develop and improve the following skills: