JA Global Marketplace ®
JA Global Marketplace provides practical information about the global economy and its effect on students’ lives. Six required, volunteer-led lessons.
JA Global Marketplace is a series of six lessons. The average time for each activity is 60 minutes. Extended learning opportunities were developed to enhance and extend the learning of these core activities. Materials are packaged in a self-contained kit that includes detailed lesson plans for the volunteer and materials for students.
The goal of this program is to explore six key aspects of the global economy. The six lessons in this program focus on each of these aspects:
- International markets;
- International law;
- International cultural exchange;
- International flow of human resources;
- International flow of information;
- International flow of financial capital.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of these six aspects to analyze historical events and contemporary international business concepts and practices;
- Apply their knowledge of the global economy to their daily lives.
All JA programs are designed to support the skills and competencies identified by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills. These programs also augment school-based, work-based, and connecting activities for communities with school-to-work initiatives.